7494 Fairmount Highway SE
Calhoun, GA 30701
- 75-acre complex
- $10.7M total cost paid by SPLOST
- 3,200 +/- sq.-ft. gym with 2 indoor basketball courts, fitness room, weight room, locker rooms, 3 community/activity rooms, offices, kitchen/concession stand and storage
- 6 lighted tennis courts
- Lighted football field
- 5 lighted softball/baseball fields
- 2 soccer fields
- 3 concession stand/restroom buildings
- Maintenance facility
- 875 +/- parking spaces
- Picnic areas and playgrounds
- Space for future aquatic ceter
- Jointly used by the Gordon County Parks & Recreation Department and the Gordon County Sonoraville High School
- Architect — Robert and Company (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Construction time 13 months
- All countertop material was donated by LG Chem Industrial Material, Inc. (Calhoun, Georgia) and all scoreboards were donated by Coca-Cola
Additional athletic facilities are operated by the Gordon County School District: www.gcbe.org
Four (4) lighted softball fields, open 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Mon.-Fri., reserved weekends for rentals/tournaments. Three fields: 325’ to centerfield, one field: 350’ to centerfield. Features: dugouts, electronic scoreboards, concessions, restrooms, 400+ parking spaces, bleacher seating for 500. Past tournaments: Dizzy Dean 6 Year-old World Series, Georgia Recreation Parks Association (GRPA), United States Travel Baseball Association (USTBA), Baseball Players Association (BPA), Amateur Softball Association (ASA).
One (1) lighted field, open 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Mon.-Sat., closed Sun. Field is a stadium, 150 ft. x 360 ft. regulation size field. Features: P.A. system, electronic scoreboard, concessions, restrooms, 200+ parking spaces, bleacher seating for 800. Past tournaments: Georgia Recreation Parks Association state tournaments.
Two (2) non-lighted fields, open 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Mon.-Sat., closed Sun. Field dimensions: 244 ft. wide x 380 ft. long (international size). Features: electronic scoreboards, concessions, restrooms, 225 parking spaces. Spectators may bring their own chairs.
Six (6) lighted asphalt courts, all outdoor. Open 7 a.m.-9 p.m., seven days per week. Features: 57 parking spaces, bleacher seating for 42 spectators.